Welcome to Prairie Wind Collection....where you will find all sorts of information, items and things for sale dealing with Historical American Girl Dolls. Welcome to my passion, I hope to help bring your dolls and history to life!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Introducing the Downton Abbey Collection

Finally, I know it has taken me forever since I announced I wanted to do this....but it has been a busy  few months!!!! I finally have the first outfit in the new Downton Abbey Collection done, and up on my Etsy Site!!!!! 

See more outfits on my Etsy Shop  www.etsy.com/shop/prairiewindgirls
When Kirsten heard that I was finally starting work on my Downton Abbey Collection...she begged to be the first model. I think she loves Downton Abbey almost as much as I do. Pleasant Company designed clothes, for girls of this era...but not the rich gowns that the adults wore....and I just had to dabble in this venue. This is a replication of one of Lady Mary's Tea Gowns. It is grey and white striped fabric, in an a-line gown, with a lace collar, and tiny white beads down the front. White stockings and shoes adorn her feet, and yes, those are white gloves. The outfit is finished off with a oval pearl necklace, and a straw hat with white roses. Here is the outfit I designed this one from....
I think I did a pretty good job of replicating it!!!!  Anyway, it has been fun!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. You did an AWESOME job!! I LOVE DOWNTON ABBEY!!!!!!
    Flower
    craftingwithmnm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Flower...I was rather pleased with the way it came out!!!!! Can't wait to do the next one I have in mind...one of Lady Mary's evening gowns!!!!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to see it! Best of luck!
      Flower
      craftingwithmnm.blogspot.com

      Delete